Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Last 3 voicemails from Lenny…

July 4th, 2005

Last 3 voicemails from Lenny...

This includes his message saying he was called into his commanding officer’s quarters and reprimanded. Remember, he signed up for the National Guard… he is now patrolling the streets of Baghdad.

I was in DC all last week working with members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, so I had not been able to post his last 2 recordings. I have included them here. I have also included his last one this morning.

This is where he is thanking the activists and the organization I work for (PDA), which by the way has NO association to this site, although we are in solidarity of his message. The launch of this site was my independent venture.

http://leonardclark.com/audio-files/Leonard-Clark-from-Iraq-June-27-2005.mp3

This is where he talks about why this is an occupation, and why we must leave the Iraqi people to their own self-sufficient governance. Also, he tells a story of beauty in a time of darkness. Way to go for the American Troops! This story made me very happy and at the same time very sad…

http://leonardclark.com/audio-files/Leonard-Clark-from-Iraq-July-2-2005.mp3

This is the final voicemail saying he will not be posting for some time because he was “called in”...

http://leonardclark.com/audio-files/Leonard-Clark-from-Iraq-July-4th-2005.mp3

On that note… I will be taking specific “operational” material down which Lenny’s commanders instructed him to do. He has called me and told me the specifics of the material that needs to be taken down. I will take it down in the next 48 hours. For now… pray for him, and keep our brave troops in your hearts on this July 4th.

Damn the man for putting us in this situation, and remember: it is because of our leaders that we are in this mess. Shed no shame for our brave men and women who are put in harm’s way because of this President. Hold your resentment toward our President, not these brave men and women. Hold those folks in your hearts!

Peace,
Kevin Spidel

Popularity: 100%

SOURCE - http://leonardclark.com/blog/?p=22#more-22

(...)

July 5th, 2005

The evil of the mind is conquered by the goodness of the heart

Folks, I have decided to write you this email in response to those who are wondering in their own views why I am apparently violating the “rules”. Since I don’t have much time here is the gist of it: I believe American soldiers (my brothers and sisters) are being killed needlessy over here in this lie we call the “Occupation of Iraq”. To me it is a great offense to the laws of humanity to have American soldiers die needlessly in a place far from their native home when this evil practice could be stopped. When should a person, a human being if you will, speak out ? Well, for me these fellow soldiers are my loved ones, and if I were ever going to speak out about anything it would be to save the lives of those I love. To have human beings sacrifice their lives for a lie is a violation of their human rights, and so there you have it – I believe that not only are my human rights being violated but those of my fellow soldiers as well.

To me it is no different than knowing that people are being murdered and that a fellow human being has the supreme moral obligation to prevent these murders from taking place. These are not the actions that an unreasonable person would take but to the contrary – ones that a very reasonable and humane person would take.

I know now in my gut that I have angered and scared very poweful people. Now, I know that I will probably pay the price but I am a human being first, and to me it is then condoning a war crime to stand by and let what I am seeing with my own eyes and other soldiers’ eyes take place over here in Iraq. I am being threatened for these reasons that I have stated: the evil that is in the minds of men being conquered by the good that is in the hearts.

Leonard Clark
soon to be a prisoner of conscience

P.S. If I am cut off with communications with my wife and daughter please tell my friends to tell them that I will always love them and to trust in GOD.

Popularity: 16%

SOURCE - http://leonardclark.com/blog/

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

6:56 PM  
Blogger xjd7410@gmail.com said...

20151015 junda
Wholesale Authentic Designer Handbags
michael kors outlet
coach factory outlet
Hollister uk
Buy Kobe Shoes Online Discount
Louis Vuitton Bags Outlet Store
cheap toms shoes
ugg boots
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors uk
Louis Vuitton Handbags Discount Off
Cheap Jordans For Sale Wholesale
New Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet
ray ban sunglasses uk
michael kors outlet online
Jordan 8 Bugs Bunny
Coach Factory Outlet Stores 70% off
louis vuitton
ugg boots
Michael Kors Outlet Deals Online
abercrombie
celine
ugg boots outlet
Jordan 6 Rings Powder Blue
Coach Factory Outlet Online Sale
Michael Kors Outlet Real Handbags Online
Oakley Vault Outlet Store Online
Christian Louis Vuitton Red Bottoms
ugg boots
coach outlet store online

6:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

100% real jordans for cheap
air force 1
cheap jordans
http://www.kobebasketballshoes.us.com
longchamp
lebron 15
caterpillar boots
kyrie 3
paul george shoes
nike hyperdunk

8:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ralph lauren uk
christian louboutin shoes
skechers outlet
new england patriots jerseys
polo ralph lauren
coach outlet
ray ban sunglasses
air max 90
oakley sunglasses
longchamp outlet

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Obat benjolan di pergelangan tangan said...

very helpful to my article, thank you very much. sorry my permission share article here :

Cara mengobati kista payudara
Obat untuk menyembuhkan osteoporosis
Cara menghilangkan jerawat bruntusan
Cara menyembuhkan nyeri payudara
Cara menghilangkan pada kulit
Cara menyembuhkan pityriasis rosea
Obat tradisional polip rahim

2:14 AM  
Blogger Riko JR said...

I can only express a word of thanks. Because with the content on this blog I can add knowledge I, thank has been sharing this information. Do not forget to visit our website to share information and knowledge about health.
cara mengobati nyeri sendi lutut
obat budug bernanah
Do not forget to visit our website to share information and knowledge about health.
obat tuba palopi
cara mengatasi penyakit ispa

11:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

zzzzz2018.6.19
ralph lauren outlet
michael kors outlet online sale
christian louboutin shoes
coach outlet
louboutin shoes
ralph lauren uk
nike presto
coach factory outlet
bottega
pandora outlet

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home