Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I'm watching Moazzam Begg / On "Democracy NOW!" / Asking how / Can we still be doing this now?













I'm watching Moazzam Begg,
On "Democracy NOW!",
Asking how,
Can we still be doing this now?
Are they all too corrupt?
Is the system too fucked?
How much longer?
'Til everyone suffers some bad luck?
He said some Gitmo guards chillin',
They didn't want to play the villain,
But who we kiddin',
Cats need to be killin' just to pay the billin',
I'm tight-skillin',
My rhymes' like real estate,
I be the realest when I'm feelin' that it's not too late,
Show you from good to great,
Show you Moazzam's fate,
Hogtied like an animal, mentally raped,
Show you our mental state,
Accepting, it's infecting,
To be protecting we've gotta be resurrecting,
The inspecting and detecting,
Learning the stories of the structures sellin',
We know it's lies they be tellin',
But we keep buyin' the lyin',
It just ain't gellin',
It just ain't shellin' us,
It's shellin' them,
For now,
But if Our Leaders care so little about them,
Then how,
Can they care about us?
You really think they do?
If that's true,
Then what's up with all the lyin' they do?
And tax cuts for the rich?
Ain't life a bitch?
And if you wanna snitch for the rich,
Soon get caught in a sitch,
A stitch in time, saves nine,
Years, of hard time,
And for years,
It's been getting harder and harder to go for mine,
Soldiers in an army of the state,
Seal, your own fate
You're lying with every date, you make, to be great,
Education, healthcare?
The governments cupboards are bare,
But for over there?
We've got billions for bombs from the air?
I need to breathe,
I need to think,
I need to drink more, for sure,
If I can't think of war?
If I ignore the score?
I guess I'll be okay,
'Cause it's never too late,
And then when it is?
Well... then I guess it's just fate,
Anyway, in the back of my mind,
I see how to relate,
I guess Gitmo is kind of normal,
Living in a police state...
















[Ed note: In Part One of the interview you can see a clip of Tony Blair trying not to smile as he vigorously asserts that they are no longer going to bother defending their inherently reasonable position on Burning Down Beirut. Check it out, and tell me if some other motherfucker was talking to you like that - especially a mass-murdering pre-emptive war-mongering motherfucker like this motherfucker, tell me if you'd believe them. And, I'm terribly sorry of the "language" offends you, but as I explained to a group of high school kids the other day: if these guys can't be called "motherfuckers", then I don't know who the hell can...]



MOAZZAM BEGG:

"Yes. I had evacuated to Pakistan in Islamabad, where I have family and relatives, with my own wife and children, after we had been living in Afghanistan, where I had worked on a project to build a girls school and to build wells in the drought-stricken regions of the northwest. It was the 31st of January, 2002.

It was several months after I had arrived in Pakistan and was still there, that at midnight, I heard a knock on the door, and when I opened the door, I was faced with a group of civilians -- well, were dressed in civilian clothing, at least -- pointing guns towards me, and a few of them had tasers or stun guns cracking in the background.

Nobody said a word to me at all. I was pushed straight back into the front room of my house, pushed to the grounds on my knees. My hands were shackled behind my back, and my legs were shackled, too, and the last thing I saw before a hood was placed over my head was them walking towards the room where my wife and children were sleeping. And I told them, β€œDon't go in there, please.” That was the last thing, the last words that I said in my house."




WATCH PART ONE - http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/07/31/1435225

WATCH PART TWO - http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/01/1434254








Peace by pushing the truth about people who paid the price...
BK

_____________________

...

Black Krishna Brand

Philosophy - http://blackkrishna.blogspot.com/

Music - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/blackkrishna.htm

...

P.S. Buy the DVD to distribute copies at infowars.com - or watch "TerrorStorm" on Google Video! NOW!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5948263607579389947


P.P.S. Check this out too while you still can!

Congress is pushing a law that would abandon the Internet's First Amendment -- a principle called Network Neutrality that prevents companies like AT&T, Verizon and Comcast from deciding which Web sites work best for you -- based on what site pays them the most. If the public doesn't speak up now, our elected officials will cave to a multi-million dollar lobbying campaign.

http://www.savetheinternet.com/



BONUS: While Presidente Castro may or may not be at death's door, you'll be happy to know that President Bush is doing just fine. He's a little fatter off raping the land, and by proxy the children at Guantanamo Bay, but otherwise he's doing just fine...







Yahoo! News

Bush physical: fit but heavier

By JENNIFER LOVEN, Associated Press Writer 43 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - President Bush says his annual physical shows him in fine shape β€” though he's a little upset about those extra five pounds he's packed on.

After a nearly four-hour physical exam, Bush's doctors on Tuesday pronounced him in good health and "fit for duty," the White House said.


Bush himself said, "Doing fine. Health's fine. Probably ate too many birthday cakes." The president celebrated his 60th birthday on numerous occasions last month.

White House press secretary Tony Snow said, "The doctors once again have found the president fit for duty and have every reason to expect that he will remain so for the duration of his presidency."

The exam was at the National Naval Medical Center. A fuller report from Bush's doctors was to be released by the White House late Tuesday.

Snow said the president's resting heart rate was 46, similar to the 47 at his exam last July and in the range of a well-trained athlete, and that his total cholesterol of 174 was his best ever. Below 200 is a desirable cholesterol level, and Bush's was 178 last year.

"I'll direct you toward the test results, but he's still healthier than we are," Snow said.


Bush remarked that the Bethesda, Md., hospital, where he usually undergoes his annual exam, is an "amazing operation."

A December 2004 physical showed Bush, who is nearly 6 feet tall, had gained six pounds since the summer of 2003 β€” a development he blamed on eating too many doughnuts during his re-election campaign. The gain prompted Bush, an avid mountain bike rider, to a renewed commitment to exercise and fitness. He was rewarded last July with a loss of eight pounds to weigh 191.6 pounds.

Then came this year's addition.

"My guess is, he's determined to lose it," Snow said.

After his physical, Bush met with 27 military men and women at the hospital, and presented Purple Hearts to seven of them.

* Email Story
* IM Story
* Discuss
* Printable View

RECOMMEND THIS STORY

SOURCE - http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060801/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_physical



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home